The chart shows the main methods of transportation for people traveling to a university for work or study in 2004 and 2009 Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons wherever relevant

The chart shows the main methods of transportation for people traveling to a university for work or study in 2004 and 2009. Summarise the information by selecting and reporting the main features and make comparisons wherever relevant.

The two pie charts reveal changes in the usage of transportation to travel to a particular university over the course of 5 years from 2004 to 2009. It can be seen that car and bus were the most significant mode of transport during these years surveyed.

There was an upward trend in the category of “bus” which its figure increased by 13% from 33% in the first year to 46% in the last year. Similarly, the rate of used bicycles witnessed a nearly twofold growth, accounting for just 9% in 2004 then rose to 16% five years afterwards. This was followed by the figure for train and walking but at a slower pace, making up 3% and 4% in the first year then increased to only 4% and 6% in the last year respectively. By contrast, an only decline occurred in the proportion of cars used, experiencing an approximately