The graph below shows the average number of UK commuters travelling each day by car bus or train between 1970 and 2030

The graph below shows the average number of UK commuters travelling each day by car, bus or train between 1970 and 2030.

The line graph illustrates how many people in the U.K move by three different means of transport on a daily basis from 1970 to 2030. Strikingly, cars are the most prevalent forms of transport through a period of 60 years. The numbers of passengers who use the car and train witnesses a gradual rise while the data for bus slightly falls.

In 1970, more than five millions car users in the U.K whereas the figures for train and bus are approximately four millions and two millions respectively. In 2000, the numbers of UK people travelled by car and train sequentially increased to 7 millions and 3 millions. In the same year, there was a mild drop of about 0.2 millions in the quantities of bus users

By 2030, it is predicted that cars will be used by 9 millions travellers while the number of train passengers will surpass the data for bus and be ranked second with nearly 5 million. From 2010 to 2030, the data for bus is estimated to continue its downward trend and hit a low of 3 millions in 2030