Despite better access to education many adults today still cannot read or write In what ways are they disadvantaged What can governments do to help them

Despite better access to education, many adults today still cannot read or write. In what ways are they disadvantaged? What can governments do to help them?

The advancement of educational facilities is unequal in which, nowadays, a plethora of adults lack reading and writing skills. I would initiates to greater disadvantages to human lives, however, some ways to resolve this will be elaborate more below.

Perhaps, the significant drawback from incapability of adult age to read and write may hinder individuals, primarily those with low-income levels, to gain career prospect resulting in life stagnation. It is evident that most of illiterate individuals are recruited in lower position of food and beverages industry in which health benefits and bonuses likely fail to be covered. Furthermore, this phenomenon brings a significant challenge in parental involvement for their children’s educational performance. Proven by Department of Education, along with home-literacy environment, illiterate parents — living in poverty line — might hardly help children assignment leading to rely much on teachers presence.

Regarding the aforementioned demerits, a remarkable solution can be that government should empower adult literacy programs to achieve independence and skill acquisition facing this modern era. According to UNESCO, it may enhance people self-reliance that assist them to be tech-savvy connected to various social activities opening wider opportunities to have some occupations and business. Moreover, through promoting early literacy together with parental training programme may substantially lower child illiteracy rate. For instance, a bedtime story which has been passed down through generations in Western society build strong emotional bond between parent and child greatly affecting their child’s brain development (creativity and imagination).

In summary, the increase of illiteracy rate among adults could be a potential negative in terms of poor career path and lack of parental role. However, this can be tackled by adults reading comprehension as well as literacy training program.