Every year several languages die out This is not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world To what extent do you agree or disagree

Every year several languages die out. This is not important because life will be
easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree?

In this age of change, English as a global lingua franca facilitates cross-cultural
communication. As a result, several languages die out each year, which is not important in
some people’s opinion because life will be easier with fewer languages. However, I disagree
with this idea.
The disappearance of lesser-known languages leads to a range of issues. First of all,
the expansion of English erodes the cultural identity of other races. More specifically, the
prevalence of English can aggravate the sense of cultural inferiority among speakers of other
languages. In the second place, the disappearance of other languages causes the loss of
other cultures. For instance, Latin is already a dead language now because nearly nobody can
speak this language in the world at the moment; therefore, the culture which backs up Latin is
also lost. Finally, loss of cultures could result in loss of heritage such as traditional values.
For example, some cultures highly value family and education; consequently, if those cultures
are lost, many important and beneficial values will also be rendered obsolete, which is not
helpful.
Granted, life can be easier if people speak fewer languages in contemporary society.
Nevertheless, translators and interpreters will lose their jobs if more and more languages
disappear – this is not good for global economy. Therefore, it is clear that more languages
generate more employment opportunities.
In conclusion, although English as a universal language enables cross-cultural
communication, the importance of other languages should not be ignored. As a consequence, I
would assert that languages other than English must be respected, protected and
preserved.