With the increased global demand for oil and gas undiscovered areas of the world should be opened up to access more resources To what extent do you agree with this statement

With the increased global demand for oil and gas, undiscovered areas of the world should be opened up to access more resources.
To what extent do you agree with this statement?

With the growth in population along with rapid urbanization, the requirement of non-renewable sources—such as oil and gas— is in a sudden bloom. Exploration of undiscovered areas of the world to feed the growing demand of resources has been a burning issue around the globe, as people tend to argue against the exploitation of land for resources while some find it to be the only possible alternative to estinguish the demand. I strongly beileve that exploitation of undiscovered land for fuel shouldn’t be allowed, which is discussed in the preceeding paragraphs.
Natural resources are our prized posessions, which are diminishing day to day due to the unquenching human-greed for resources. With rapid destruction and desertification of lands open to the public, there are few areas which remain undiscovered. If opened for mining for resources, the fate of these regions is inevitably in grave danger. Moreover, the destruction of these resources in turn hampers people’s life, as seen through the growing natural calamaties and global warming triggred by the events of destruction.
Furthermore, the demand of energy if grows in the current pace would deminish the existing resources, incuding the ones in the regions curently out of reach, in less than a decade. The oil and gas reserves in earth are limited, while the rate of consumption of energy currently exceeds the rate of formation of these resources. Thus, the limited resources in preservation even when allowed for mining would last for only a small period of time. Various research highlight the requirement for the shift of paradigm to renewable sources adressing the issue of diminishing resources rather than destructing available resouces in the search of more.
Weighing all the aspects, destructing land and limited resources left to quench the growing demand would only bring negative impacts to the world, so the access to the unexplored areas for the search of resources should be prohinited in my opinion. The use of renewable sources as an alternative might aid the growing demand of energy.