In more and more countries people choose to give money on special occasions rather than personally giving gifts Why might this be the case Is it a positive or negative development

In more and more countries, people choose to give money on special occasions rather than personally giving gifts. Why might this be the case? Is it a positive or negative development?

People prefer to give money on special events rather than intimate presents in numerous countries. This issue contributes two major causes, yet I believe that this carries out more significant advantages which I will elaborate in the following paragraph.

To begin with, the cause of people choosing to present a monetary gift provides the recipients’ urgent needs. In Western culture, guests can hand over cash with appropriate gift cards, particularly on wedding occasions. Along with the flexibility, the money might cover the cost of the attendees as well as contributing to the fresh start of newlyweds. Furthermore, delivering financial gifts as a culture signifies prosperity and well-wishes for the receivers. During Chinese Lunar Year, most of the Chinese people grant a hong bao – a red envelope with an amount of cash inside. Besides the fortunate symbol, it supports children’s development of managing their budget.

By contrast, in my view, less effort to the traditional gift prompts poor emotional bonds and willingness. Regarding valuable appreciation, the specific ones require more thoughtfulness for the selection. Take best friend’ birthday party as an example, the mindless gifts are interpreted as a lack of respect during long-term friendship. Moreover, this phenomenon impels modern culture, solely considering the price of the products due to materialistic tendencies. The less cost of the items are spent, the less the gratitude ones will achieve. In the long run, this trend has also been linked to shape both consumerist attitudes and self-absorbed personality.

To sum up, the soaring number of people’s tendencies to confer cash rather than special presents carries out some causes including fulfilling necessities and indicating inherited cultures. Meanwhile, I refute this issue that brings significant demerits, such as diminishing the sentimental connection and being consumer-oriented societies.