More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list What are the reasons for this What can be done to solve this problem

More and more wild animals are on the verge of extinction and others are on the endangered list. What are the reasons for this? What can be done to solve this problem?

A huge number of wild species are in real danger right now, while other animals are on the brink of extinction. This essay will discuss the problems that led to this state of affairs and suggest rational ways to solve them.

To start with, this happened due to environmental issues that were created by people. Unfortunately, natural habitat is destroyed because of deforestation, air pollution, and urbanization – the population shifting from rural to urban areas. All of the above had a negative impact on the atmosphere, landscape, and the lives of wild animals. For example, the latest Reuters report shows that active anthropogenic impacts on the natural habitat of species in China have affected all animal groups. Besides, another problem is hunters who attack high-value creatures. They do it in order to earn a lot of money or to show off.

These issues need to be solved at the legislative level. In the modern world, the rule of law is recognized, so all such problems should be regulated by international or national legal acts. For instance, the United States has a National Environmental Policy Act, the purpose of which is to ensure that environmental factors are given equal weight to other factors in the decision-making process carried out by federal agencies and for the creation of national environmental policy. In turn, hunting red-listed beasts should be illegal. A lot of European countries have criminalized such behavior.

In conclusion, people and their governments must do everything in their power to save endangered creatures. This acute problem should be solved by legal means.