Nowadays people tend to have children at an older age Do the advantages of this outweigh disadvantages

Nowadays people tend to have children at an older age. Do the advantages of this outweigh disadvantages.

In this century, to raise children at a mature age is currently becoming the preference of modern society. I will consider how this view brings several notable advantages, which I will elucidate in the following paragraph.

Regarding the merits, we should acknowledge that to decide childbearing in middle adulthood can significantly be driven by a success of financial stability. Older caregivers frequently have achieved more established careers ensuring the responsibility of upbringing their kids. A survey of European Women cited that a delayed motherhood tends to have financial power and experiences average annual incomes, approximately $50,000. Furthermore, most parents at later stage in life exhibit greater emotional resilience that can positively impact on closer relatives. Mature parents, proven by psychological research, who have accomplished personal and career goals, tend to ultimately prioritize their families — fostering parent-child intimacy along with marriage goals.

By contrast, we should not exclude the various demerits of this issue that the majority of women after 35 years old vulnerably experience weak reproductive system (infertility and menopause). This means that to give a birth brings more risks to pregnancy failure in which the concept of maternal and child health will be put at stake as consequence. Moreover, the age discrepancy would exacerbate gap generation between parents and children. For instance, misunderstanding and miscommunication are most likely confronted by digital natives — the latest cultural immersion for young generation — due to the difference in the traditional beliefs of baby boomers.

In conclusion, while some may perceive potential drawbacks to certain respect, I would argue that the benefits of delayed parenthood can be substantially significant. Those include providing financial security as well as evolving ones’ emotional readiness.