Nowadays there is a wide range of TV programs But instead of watching educational programs news or documentary films more and more people prefer to watch TV shows soap operas or serials And this negatively affects knowledge acquisition skills What are the

Nowadays there is a wide range of TV programs. But instead of watching educational programs, news or documentary films, more and more people prefer to watch TV shows, soap operas or serials. And this negatively affects knowledge acquisition skills.
What are the primary causes of this tendency?
How is it possible to make educational TV programs more popular?

Television programs have always played a crucial role in developing attitudes towards the world . Today, people give precedence to entertainment shows rather than programs with a scientific and educational major which negatively affects the ability to assimilate new knowledge requiring concentration of attention. This essay will discuss the main causes associated with this phenomenon and propose a possible solution to avoid them.
The root causes of entertaining telecast’s popularity are considered to be the ease source of information for the viewer to absorb and relatively low-cost production. Entertainment TV shows do not imply the need for the formation of neuro pathways for they affect the brain regions responsible for stimulating the pleasure. For example, the survey conducted by the Russian Academy of Sciences reports that people prefer watching humorous shows, as jokes are easy to be understood and could provide a rapid increase in the level of serotonin in the brain. Thus, entertainment shows are in great demand among viewers due to the low mental workload.
Moreoever, the production of programs with recreation purpose does not require sophisticated investigations, which reduces the cost and time for their development. Сost-effectiveness of their creation leads to a sharp increase in variety programs not only on a national television, but also on independent video -hosting websites like YouTube. For instance, according to the Vienna University of Mass –Media, creating one episode of a box-office comedy TV -show requires 40% less costs than a trailer film with a scientific purpose. Thus, the production of comedy-variety programs is more profitable for producers due to low-budget
The above-mentioned issues could be resolved and educational TV programs could gain broader popularity among the viewers through adding a humorous component. Comedy should lead to cognitive programs to become easy to grasp and sapid for a larger audience. For example, nowadays on British television the highest-rated show is QI, where Stephen Fry inquires guests intricate questions, and comedians, through laughter, come to the correct answers. Hence, complementing jokes to educational shows positively affect on reception of complicated information by the public.
To summarize, vapid broadcasts are in high demand but the situations is changing due to a renewed approach to script development.