In the past most people worked for small businesses while more people now work for large businesses What are the advantages and disadvantages of working for large businesses

In the past, most people worked for small businesses, while more people now work for large businesses. What are the advantages and disadvantages of working for large businesses?

The majority of people in the past choose small scale enterprises as a workplace, while other people nowadays decide on work for major corporations. In my standpoint, some significant merits can be enlisted from this premise along with the demerits which I will elaborate in the ensuing paragraph.

On the one side, in my viewpoint, being employed in large enterprises provides higher opportunity to enhance self-development. Particularly, there are integrated and experienced senior leaders who are able both to inspire and advise the workers. Along with great professional skills, a successful career closely linked to higher financial income. Moreover, most employees in big companies broaden qualified social network by building trust relationship. The more excellent corporation an individual is hired, the more opportunity one will improve company reputation. For instance, Erigo, clothing brand, has succeeded in winning open tender – its more popular though collaboration with Football Association of Indonesia.

On the other side, major company heightens their workers with high pressure towards job description’ responsibilities. In contrast with small companies, they set strict performance standards which lead to employee’ health issues. Apparently, those in small business barely experience overworking or depression, receiving work-life balance. Furthermore, if there were urgent problems in big enterprises, they would unexpectedly fire numerous labours. Regarding staff welfare, light industries have lower chances to sudden termination without worrying job insecurity. In recent days, Indonesia’ large textile factories laid off massively, contributing thousands of employees unemployed.

To sum up, the benefits of working for big companies are supporting personal development and growing network. Meanwhile, the advantages of being employed in small-medium enterprises brings significant points including to achieve low-pressure and avoid sudden termination.