People living in the 21st century have a better quality of life than the previous centuries To what extent do you agree or disagree

People living in the 21st century have a better quality of life than the previous centuries.
To what extent do you agree or disagree?

It is believed that the quality of life in 21st century has improved significantly over the last few centuries. This statement is reasonable as there has been substantial progress in multiple areas of life due to enhanced education, although the world has also witnessed population decline in different regions.

Admittedly, throughout the history of human development, wars have been inevitably waged in various areas mainly due to disparities in political and religious ideologies, or the desire of one country to accumulate resources from another. As a result, hundreds of people have been either displaced from their homeland or have perished, leading to hundreds of children becoming orphaned. However, such autrocity cannot discount the fact that the scale of wars has diminished considerably because of unwavering attempts made by united nations to resolve conflicts as amicably as possible.

These untiring and collective efforts are a product of continuing improvements in education. It is evident that governmental resources worldwide have been increasingly allocated for educational institutions so as to research the causes of local social issues, such as poverty or ethnic conflicts and subsequently eliminate the roots of problems before they can elevate into larger-scale ones, causing havoc on the social integrity of a country. To illustrate, the Vietnamese government has, since the declaration of independence, implemented numerous educational programmes to enhance the literacy of socially-disadvantaged families in rural areas, lifting a considerable number of them out of poverty – a decisve transformation alleviating social inequality. It is safe to say that the overall progress in humans’ living standards is attributed to increased educational levels in today’s world, compared to those in previous centuries.

In conclusion, Despite the fact that social problems certainly arise along the growth of human civilizations, such problems are being identified and addressed due to our better understanding of them over time. Based on the aforementioned arguments, I contend that living quality in 21st century has augmented, compared to that in the past.