The range of technology is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor To what extent do you agree

The range of technology is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor. To what extent do you agree?

In recent years, the question whether the proliferation of technology has widened or reduced the gap between people of different income levels has been receiving a great deal of public attention. Although technology advancement is not without drawbacks, the upsides far overshadow the disadvantages.

The range of technological inventions lessens the difference between lower – class and upper – class in a number of avenues. First and foremost, since the more advanced the technology is, the cheaper the technology products are, nowadays, poor people can possess goods that used to be considered exclusive for wealthy people at ease. In fact, smartphones used to be a luxury good for high income people, but it is affordable nowadays for people of all financial status due to the variety of brands and segments, which helps reduce the material gap between the rich and poor. Second, with an increase in the availability of the Internet, people from different social classes are provided equal opportunities to have access to education, hence they can have a full grasp of many fields that promotes their chance to land decent jobs with handsome salary. For instance, the Coursera, an online learning platform founded by Standford, offers a wide range of fundamental free online courses, such as Computer Science, Research Methodology, thus students from lower income families are still able to gain a wealth of knowledge in order to get noble jobs, which helps decrease the gap.

Apart from the compelling reasons expressed above, the state – of – art technology also plays a vital part in closing the distance between blue-workers and collar-workers. First, by creating unprecedented jobs, technology has increased personal earnings. For instance, with the support of the widespread Internet, Jeff Bezos, who was the founder of Amazon and born in a normal family, has become a centi-billionaire by participating in e-commerce industry. Second, with a view to providing a functioning app with high-quality service, a number of ride-sharing apps including Uber, Grab, Be, Go- Viet and countless other have sprung up. Plenty of evidence have proved that these established companies helps enhance the productivity of traditional manual jobs, thereby boost the individual economic of blue-collar; therefore, the gap between the wealthy and the poor is reduced.

In conclusion, the technology advancement is closing the gap between rich and poor people. By providing equal education, enhancing productivity, creating unprecedented employment, and improving living standards, the proliferation of technology has positive impact on the relationship between rich and poor.