The range of technology is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor To what extent do you agree

The range of technology is increasing the gap between the rich and the poor. To what extent do you agree?

In recent years, the question of whether the proliferation of technology has widened the gap among people of different income levels or not has been receiving a great deal of public attention. Although technology development is not without disadvantages, the upsides will be far more significant.
Technology plays an important role in providing knowledge and information to people who have different background. First, by using smart devices like smart phones or computers, people find it easy to have access to the Internet to update information in all fields in order to acquire skills. In fact, it is affordable for people to own the technology products that used to be considered exclusive for wealthy people in the last two decades, which allows people to have equal opportunities to gather information. Second, since the Internet is a virtual treasure troves of knowledge, people can have a full grasp of many fields that promotes their chances to land decent jobs with handsome salary. For example, the Coursera – a online learning website, has a wide range of free online courses, which allows students from lower income families to gain a wealth of knowledge to get good jobs, leading to decrease the gap.
In addition, the state – of –the – art technology has created many jobs opportunities. First, because of the spread of social networks, people could earn the amount of money. For example, people can run online business or Youtube phenomena, which helps them make lucrative income. Second, todays, a number of ride – shading apps including Grab, GoViet and countless others have sprung up. The established companies provide a functional app with high – quality service to meet the growing demands of this industry, which brings a lot of jobs to people.
In conclusion, the technology advancements can reduce the gap between high-income and low-income people. With the support of technology, sharing economy and knowledge distribute wealth equally among people.