Some people think that too much attention and too many resources are given to the protection of wild animals and birds Do you agree or disagree

Some people think that too much attention and too many resources are given to the protection of wild animals and birds. Do you agree or disagree?

In recent years, there has been a growing belief that too much emphasis and resources are dedicated to the preservation of natural birds and animals. While some argue that diverting attention from wildlife protection has its benefits, I firmly hold the view that preserving the ecosystem is crucial.

On the one hand, proponents of reduced attention to ecosystem preservation argue that it would lead to cost savings. The argument suggests that by allocating fewer resources to wildlife security, we would avoid extensive investments in cutting-edge technologies used for complex conservation purposes. Instead, the considerable funds could be redirected toward enhancing healthcare systems, industry, or agriculture, thereby improving the overall quality of human life.

On the other hand, neglecting the ecosystem has severe consequences. The primary concern is the potential extinction of certain species, resulting in a cascade of disadvantages. For example, disruptions in the food chain could lead to the collapse of the entire ecosystem. A case in point is the disappearance of several insect species in Vietnam, which contributed to the extinction of bats—key predators of these insects. Consequently, other animals dependent on bats for survival find themselves struggling, leading to a decline in species diversity.

In conclusion, while reducing focus on animal protection may offer short-term benefits such as resource reallocation, the long-term consequences, such as ecosystem collapse, are severe. Striking a balance between human needs and wildlife preservation is essential to maintain ecological equilibrium and safeguard the delicate interdependencies within our environment.