The passage states that vegetable oil is not a good fuel source but the professor disagrees

The reading passage argues that vegetable oil is not a good source of fuel for cars. In contrast, the professor disagrees and gives a number of evidence to show that it can be a great source.

First of all, the passage mentions that vegetable oils, as a source of fuel, can be very costly. It states the high price of equipment which can be as high as 1600 dollars. Moreover, it adds that vegetable oil is not as pure as normal fuel and will cause break downs. However, the professor mentions that it is not that costly because it will soon pay for it self and also cars that use these oils can average more distance than normal ones.

Second, the passage says that using vegetable oils in a car will be complicated for the user. It mention the starting and the stoping of the car which needs high amount of attention from the driver. But the professor says that in time this will not be a problem, she states that the drivers will get used to these systems and also soon there will be automatic systems that will assist the drivers.

Finally, the reading passage states that wide use of vegetable oils will cause an increase in food prices such as corn due to the fact that the origin of these foods and vegetable oil are the same. In contrast, the professor says that this is not true because the vegetable oils used for fuel come from waste pruducts and they have been already used.

Sentence: However, the professor mentions that it is not that costly because it will soon pay for it self and also cars that use these oils can average more distance than normal ones.
Description: The word average is not usually used as a verb, base: uninflected present, imperative or infinitive
Suggestion: Refer to average

Sentence: It mention the starting and the stoping of the car which needs high amount of attention from the driver.
Description: The fragment It mention the is rare
Suggestion: Possible agreement error: Replace mention with verb, past tense

Error: stoping Suggestion: No alternate word

Sentence: In contrast, the professor says that this is not true because the vegetable oils used for fuel come from waste pruducts and they have been already used.
Error: pruducts Suggestion: products