The chart shows the number of students in a UK university who completed on time or late failed to write and rewrote their dissertation in 1990 2000 2010

The chart shows the number of students in a UK university who completed (on time or late), failed to write, and rewrote their dissertation in 1990, 2000, 2010.

The bar chart illustrates the figures for undergraduates of a UK university whose dissertations were finished on time, late, failed, or needed to revise in the years 1990, 2000, and 2010.

Overall, it is noticeable that the majority of students completed their projects on time as well as the number who failed to write decreased steadily over the years shown.

In 1990, approximately 150 students submitted their dissertations by the completion deadline, and this figure kept on increasing over the given period to reach precisely 300 in 2010. There was a similar trend in the late-finished dissertations as the number rose gradually from about 20 in 1990 to almost 50 after 20 years.

By contrast, the failure rate experienced a steadily drop throughout the years from nearly 50 in 1990 to around 10 in 2010. Finally, the number of those who rewrote their dissertations fluctuated with a moderate increase and a slight decline of about 20 and 10, respectively.