Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations Discuss both these views and give your own opinion

Some people believe that it is best to accept a bad situation, such as an unsatisfactory job or shortage of money. Others argue that it is better to try and improve such situations.
Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

Ups and downs are a natural part of life and every human being is subject to hardships throughout the course of their life. To accept these hardships and surrender to the obstacles that appear along one’s path could result in a state of peace, but at the same time, it might prevent people from further development. In contrast, facing these challenges and struggling to overcome them – while it may become a source of anxiety – may be a stronger attitude and result in long-term stability. Therefore, in my opinion, moving in the direction of improvement may be a better approach.

To elaborate, a comparison could be made between the consequences of these different attitudes. The one who chooses to surrender and remain stagnant in the face of difficulty, is choosing short-term comfort over long-term happiness. It is as if by accepting the bad situation, they are refusing to accept their responsibility to alter the situation and be their own savior. This neglection of responsibility will provide them with a temporary sense of relief and peace but the very situation that they have neglected may reveal its dire consequences later in their life.

As for the ones who pressure themselves into dealing with the challenges of life; they are opting to sacrifice instead of surrendering. By sacrificing their current comfort and peace of mind, and replacing it with the anxieties and troubles of hard work, they are – in a way - paying for their future success in advance. In other words, they are delaying a state of instant gratification in hopes of achieving long-term results.

In my opinion, the second approach is best suited for survival in our current society. The story of Jonah is a fascinating example of this dilemma. As a result of the misfortunes of life, Jonah was forced to go to the belly of the whale – a great symbol for facing the difficulties and obstacles – but in the end, he came out as a hero, which could be interpreted as the rewards of showing perseverance.

In conclusion, to give up and accept the less fortunate situations of our reality is easy, but to struggle to make something good out of unpleasant occurrences requires dedication and strength of character. Consequently, this approach seems to be more beneficial for the individual and society as a whole.