Some people advocate the death penalty for those who committed violent crimes Others say that capital punishment is unacceptable in contemporary society Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the death penalty and give your opinion

Some people advocate the death penalty for those who committed violent crimes. Others say that capital punishment is unacceptable in contemporary society.Describe the advantages and disadvantages of the death penalty and give your opinion.

In today's contemporary world, a section of society believes that heinous crimes have to be sentenced to capital punishment. However, others oppose this though by considering the death penalty as intolerable. While there are some negative aspects of capital punishment, I agree with the view that without it we will become more vulnerable to violence.

To commence with, there are umpteen reasons that a death sentence is inadmissible. Primarily, as the right to live is the fundamental right of any human being, and no one can infringe this right, irrespective of the person’s deeds we have no rights to kill other humans. For instance, Once it is clear that the death penalty is highly probable in rape cases, it may in fact have the opposite impact – instead of acting as a deterrent, it could lead to perpetrators making sure the victims are left dead or in no state to make a complaint or recognise the perpetrators. Moreover, because of the unfair sentences, a wrongful execution can take away the lives of innocent persons, and make other citizens lose faith in law and justice.

Nevertheless, I believe that an extreme penalty is inevitable for society. Predominantly, while showing the consequences of a criminal's actions, it has undoubtedly become an effective deterrent to major crimes. For example, the government of Pakistan has controlled the rate of terrorism by enforcing death penalties for the members of terrorist organisations. Furthermore, the governments spend large sums of the national budget on the maintenance of prisoners. Instead, this money can be used for the development of the society and welfare of the people.

In conclusion, although capital punishment has some disadvantages, I think that it proves to be the best way of controlling criminals, lessening governmental expenses and preventing other people from doing crimes.