Task 2 Crimes committed by young people are increasing in major cities throughout the world Discuss the causes and how to solve this problem

Task 2: Crimes committed by young people are increasing in major cities throughout the world. Discuss the causes and how to solve this problem.

It is true that in many parts of the world, the number of young offenders in urban areas has witnessed a significant increase. While this tendency can be attributed to several factors, I would argue that action must be taken to tackle the phenomenon.
There are two primary reasons that contribute to the dramatic increase in the number of wrongdoers in large cities. Firstly, the mass exodus of people from the countryside to city centers has resulted in a shortage of well-paid jobs, while the urban dwellers, especially youngsters, have to shoulder an ever-growing financial burden stemming from their education and accommodations. Moreover, many young people migrate to large cities with the hope that they can obtain more opportunities to move up to the career ladder, and the reality of city life – unemployment and poverty – has made them soon disillusioned, consequently promoting them to resort to crime. Secondly, social bonds existing in rural areas have also fallen by the wayside in big cities. In other words, in these concrete jungles, the feeling of community is impossible to achieve, which has greatly facilitated the development of crimes and drugs.
Fortunately, there are still several solutions to deal with this problem. In terms of society, resources should be allocated to reintegrate youngsters back into the community. They should be endowed with more chances to receive well-paid jobs that can improve their financial strength. Furthermore, funding spent on preventing crimes should be also utilized for the improvement of urban renewal schemes. From the educational perspective, more urban facilities such as sport centers and gyms should be also constructed with free accessibility for young inhabitants, and more vocational programs should be also organized for unemployed people to help them make a fresh start through educational opportunities.
In conclusion, the growth in crime rates among youngsters in many cities can be ascribed to numerous causes. Thus, national and local authorities should implement appropriate policies to regulate the problem.