Many important discoveries or creations are accidental it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and

Many important discoveries or creations are accidental: it is usually while seeking the answer to one question that we come across the answer to another.
Write a response in which you discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree with the statement and explain your reasoning for the position you take. In developing and supporting your position, you should consider ways in which the statement might or might not hold true and explain how these considerations shape your position.

Failure is not an opportunity lost, but a opportunity to learn. In the field of science and technology, it is not a rare phenomenon that inventions which were not meant to be created - were uncovered while walking down a completely different path. In my opinion, I mostly agree with the prompt that usually while seeking answers to one question, we may come across the answer to another, for the following two reasons.

To begin, consider the period of the nineteenth century. It was during this era, that prominent scientists and innovators were churning their minds to solve the complex problems of the world at that time. There are several examples available where a person who was studying a completely different topic – just happened to stumble upon a great discovery in another field. For instance, Mary Curie, a pioneer of Radioactive particle theory was not even researching about that particular field. It was a happy accident that she saw the effects of the radioactive metal Radium while working on another project.

Moreover, all the sciences of the world are inter-related to each other. Physics, chemistry and mathematics all go hand in hand. Therefore, it is not surprising to see that theorems form one field are used in another and vice-versa. Discoveries and innovations are not guaranteed and mostly occur by providence. Whenever an individual sets out to discover or to innovate, it is not possible to predict as to what he might discover and how significantly will it affect the world. As a person digs deep into a niche subject, they might find something completely unrelated to their field of study, but with a potential to revolutionize the world. So, due to this factor of luck involved, it is difficult to predict whether a discover will take place or not , even if it does, then in which field will it occur.

Some might argue that, inventing a new machine or discovering a phenomenon not known to man it based on the sheer hard-work and scrupulous nature of the scientist or inventor. In my opinion, this view point is absolutely correct, but we should remember that, such instances (even though they do occur) are very rare. The confound ambiguity behind the accidental creations and the obscure nature of science as we know today, makes accidental creations and coincidences a more favorable assertion.